Skip to content
- Practice communication. Speak or sing to baby about the bath, your day, or anything that may excite them.
- For older children, let bath time be play time! Introduce toys such as duckies, water-safe books, or even plastic cups and funnels.
- Bathe with your baby! It’s great for skin-to-skin to contact or breastfeeding. Just be sure to do so safely. Have your partner pass baby to you while getting in and out of the tub to avoid accidents.
- Give baby a massage. Gently stroke baby’s body after a bath to provide comfort and relaxation. Babies strongly benefit from loving touch!
- Be present. Make this time a phone-free zone and give your child undivided attention.
- Use different bath items (wash cloths, towels, etc.) to excite baby’s senses. New and different textures encourage motor skills and stimulate brain development!