Footwear can be a fun accessory for babies! Soft shoes and adorable booties help to keep little feet warm and fashionable. Secure hook-and-loop fasteners and cute slip-ons make it easy to dress your infant. Sneakers are also useful for protecting toes.
Now that you know a little more about the most popular shoe styles, how do baby shoe sizes work? Whether you are a parent who is interested in adding baby boy or baby girl shoes to your registry or you simply want to know more about how to order footwear for your child, this guide teaches you about the different styles of shoes for infants. You will also learn more about how to find the right shoes for your little one.
Find Your Baby’s Shoe Size
Every baby grows at their own unique pace. To help find their shoe size, you can consider your little one’s stage or use their measurements. For more tips, refer to our Gerber Childrenswear Sizing Guide. We have shoes for baby boys and baby girls in 0-3M, 3-6M and 6-9M sizes. Our chart can help you to find the approximate size:
- 0-3 Months: Shoe Size 1 / 3.5” sole length
- 3-6 Months: Shoe Size 2 / 3.75” sole length
- 6-9 Months: Shoe Size 3/ 4.125” sole length
Measuring your baby’s sole length with a soft tape measure is another way to help you find the right fit. Once you discover the ideal shoes, you may also want a similar size of baby socks. Like baby shoes, the right size for your child may vary depending on their stage.
The Best Features in Baby Shoes
When it is time to buy baby shoes, make it simple and fun! Parents usually narrow down their choices by looking for a few must-have features. These are:
- Trendy styles: Infant shoes are a must-have accessory for every outfit! Look for fashionable styles such as printed slip-ons, casual sneakers with classic rubber toes and ultra-soft booties. Slipper shoes and chambray shoes look adorable with our Onesies® brand bodysuits, tops, bottoms and dresses.
- Easy on-off design: Dressing your baby takes time. Convenient on-off features will make it so much simpler to put shoes on. Our adorable slip-on and fastener designs mean it is fun to choose and use your little one’s footwear.
- Comfort accents: Soft soles add comfort, while plush materials like velboa create a sense of coziness. Hook-and-loop fasteners make it easy to keep your baby’s feet comfortable and secure. No-skid designs help to keep your little one safe.
Discover All of Your Favorite Styles
Once you find the ideal shoe styles for your child, you can feel comfortable shopping for footwear in a similar size. Cozy booties are an excellent choice for hanging out around the house. Slip-on sneakers or VELCRO® shoes are safe and cute enough for daytime outings or spending time with friends. When their favorite shoe becomes too snug, you may need to swap it out for another style. Creating a baby registry list with your favorite types of shoes will help you to get ahead of baby’s fast-growing feet.Find Baby Shoes for Your Little One
Keep Baby Stylish and Comfortable with Cute Baby Shoes
Parents should plan on having to size up frequently, especially in the first year. If you want your little one to wear shoes with every outfit or if you desire them to wear multiple styles of shoes, then be sure to add this cost into your family budget for baby clothes. This is especially important if you think they need booties for the babysitter or for daycare.
Now that you have a little more information on how baby shoe sizes work, it will be easier to shop for cute styles. If you want to keep your baby shoes as budget-friendly as possible, try shopping for unisex baby shoes. This gender-neutral footwear is sure to match multiple outfits and may even be appropriate for different children within the same family.