With Valentine’s Day around the corner, couples with kids sometimes feel pressured to plan a Pinterest-worthy date night with diamonds, flowers and roses galore (plus a babysitter). We’re here to tell you none of that is necessary for a little romance. Read on for seven ways to sneak in a date night at home after the kiddos are in bed.
1. Find a new board game. Not only is this a great way to interact with each other, it’s also really fun! Go for a classic like Monopoly or try something new like Sushi Go or Tiny Towns. Document the memory by letting the winner sign and date the game box.
2. Read a book together. Aloud. Whether you’re diving back into The Chronicles of Narnia or starting a new book, take turns reading chapters. Bonus points if you use fun voices!
3. Make a dessert together. Have your cake and eat it too! Try out a new recipe and indulge in some chocolately goodness without a little one asking, “Can I have some?”
4. Watch a movie. Start watching movies with your favorite actor or actress and go the extra mile with supplying movie snacks.
5. Create a family photo album. Beforehand, order a photo album and print out some pictures. Spend the evening reminiscing and completing a family photo album together.
6. Light up the fire pit. Gather blankets and s’mores supplies and enjoy the night by the fire. Bring the monitor but leave the phones inside to spend quality time together.
7. Invite friends over. Host another couple at your home for a fire hangout or game night.