These guidelines are for the use of Gerber Childrenswear LLC licensees, authorized retailers, customers, journalists, and other parties wishing to use Gerber Childrenswear’s trademarked words or images in print or electronic form, in promotional, advertising, institutional, reference or other materials. Use of Gerber Childrenswear’s trademarks for commercial purposes without prior written consent of Gerber Childrenswear may constitute trademark infringement and unfair competition in violation of federal and state laws. By using a Gerber Childrenswear trademark, you acknowledge that Gerber Childrenswear is the sole owner of the mark and promise you will not interfere with Gerber Childrenswear’s rights in the mark, including challenging Gerber Childrenswear’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark anywhere in the world, and you will not harm, infringe, or bring into disrepute any Gerber Childrenswear trademark. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these guidelines, no license, permission, or other rights of any kind are granted herein.
Over 40 years ago, the Onesies® brand by Gerber® revolutionized the childrenswear market. Today, the public associates Gerber® with the Onesies® brand and the underlying goodwill and exceptional quality that comes with our products. Gerber Childrenswear is proud of the outstanding name recognition of the Onesies® brand in the marketplace (95%) and will continue to be aggressive in protecting our trademark (U.S. federal trademark registration numbers 1,292,981, 2,549,557, and 3,488,401) in the market. The Onesies® trademark, or any confusingly similar variation thereof (e.g., “Onesie” or “Onezees”), may not be used as a generic descriptor or a noun; it should be used only as an adjective when referring to the Onesies® brand by Gerber®. The Onesies® Brand Standards represent proper trademark use in print, TV, or radio advertisements; catalogs; in-store signage/callouts; on a website; or in news articles. Thank you for your continued support in helping maintain the proper use of our valuable trademark.
Onesies® Brand Standards
Logo trademark to be used in print, electronic copy (including websites), audiovisual advertisements or presentations, catalogs, and in-store signage/callouts
How To Use Our Onesies® Brand Trademark
Below are guidelines for the proper use of the ONESIES® trademark, which assist us in safeguarding the integrity of the Brand and help to protect consumers from confusion by products being incorrectly marketed under the ONESIES® Brand:
1. Use the ONESIES® mark only in connection with genuine ONESIES® garments, identified with a genuine ONESIES® tab on the product. Identify non-ONESIES® brand products by their common terms, including “bodysuit”, “pants”, and so forth.
2. When referring to genuine ONESIES® brand products, use the registration symbol (®) and the word "brand" directly following the trademark. Where possible, capitalize the mark. Example: “ONESIES® brand.”
3. Follow the word "brand” with the correct generic term for the item. For example, you might say, "Our ONESIES® brand pants feature a covered elastic waistband for comfort.“
4. Always use the ONESIES® mark as an adjective, and never as a noun or a verb. When referring to non-ONESIES® brand products, do not use the ONESIES® mark. Examples:
Incorrect: “I like dressing my baby in onesies because they are easy to use.”
Correct: “I like dressing my baby in ONESIES® brand products because they are easy to use.”
Incorrect: “Mom likes using onesies for her baby.”
Correct: “Mom likes using bodysuits for her baby.”
5. Where possible, include a trademark notice that says: "ONESIES® is a registered trademark of Gerber Childrenswear LLC."
* ONESIES is a registered trademark owned by Gerber Childrenswear LLC – (U.S. federal trademark registration numbers 1,292,981, 2,549,557 and 3,488,401).
6. Do not use the “onesies®” trademark in any internet domain name or within a corporate name.
7. Do not display a Gerber Childrenswear trademark in connection with material that contains adult content, promotes the sale of alcohol or tobacco to persons under twenty-one years of age, or otherwise objectionable, misleading, defamatory, disparaging, obscene, or is otherwise objectionable to Gerber Childrenswear.
A high-resolution copy of the logo is available by clicking the link below:
Other Gerber Childrenswear Trademarks and Brand Standards
Format to follow for copywriting, editorial, and professional communications using the following trademarks:
- Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns; the noun is the generic name of a product or service.
- An appropriate generic term must appear after the trademark the first time it appears in print in any medium, and as often as is reasonable afterward.
- Insert the ® registration symbol after the trademark and before the noun, it is modifying.
- Distinguish the trademark from surrounding text in some way, such as by capitalizing the entire trademark.
- Do not use the trademark in any internet domain name or within a corporate name.
- Do not display a Gerber Childrenswear trademark in connection with material that contains adult content, promotes the sale of alcohol or tobacco to persons under twenty-one years of age, or otherwise objectionable, misleading, defamatory, disparaging, obscene, or is otherwise objectionable to Gerber Childrenswear.