If you’re looking to add a pop of color to your baby’s wardrobe, you’ve come to the right blog! We’re going step-by-step on how to tie-dye Gerber OnesiesⓇ. Whether you’re a DIY-fanatic or not, the beauty of tie-dye is that it doesn’t need to be perfect to look great. So, sit back, relax, and order your white Gerber OnesiesⓇ now because we’re diving in.
- White Gerber OnesiesⓇ
- Tie-Dye (For safety, use a non-toxic dye)
- Plastic bag or plastic wrap
- Paper towels
- Protective gloves
- Elastic bands
1. Wash and dry your Gerber OnesiesⓇ beforehand.
2. Set up your surface: Either take this project outside or create a work surface with 3. a plastic covering. For extra protection, add paper towels to the surface.
4. We hope this goes without saying, but the dye will dye your clothes! Either wear an art smock or put on some old clothes you won’t mind getting messy.
5 Prepare and choose four colors to use as the dyes. If you prefer, you can just use two colors. *Pro Tip: Try mixing colors if you’re feeling extra artsy!
6. Put on your gloves!
7. In this video, we chose the swirl technique. For this technique:
- Pinch the fabric and twist into a flat spiral
- Bind the spiral using elastic bands
- Apply your dyes—alternate colors with each section
7. Cover your dyed Gerber OnesiesⓇ with plastic wrap or put into plastic bag.
8. Let it set for 6-8 hours or longer for the most vibrant colors.
9. Remove and rinse well with water until excess dye is removed.
10. Cut elastic bands off.
11. Set washer to “large load” with the hottest water suitable for fabric and add a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately from other items. *Wash separately for the first few washes.