"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
We not only care about your baby's first years, but all the years to come. That's why we are constantly working to improve our products in ways that may also protect our planet for generations. As an Indian proverb said, "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." For our children and their children, we are pursuing sustainable practices.
Environment and Safety
Protecting the Environment For Future Generations
Gerber Childrenswear is doing our part in trying to make the world a better place for our children through our products, packaging and business practices.
- Safety standards: We adhere to rigorous safety and testing standards on our products, and we keep abreast of evolving federal, state and retailer safety requirements in the children's market.
- We utilize the majority of Oeko-tex compliant components because we care about the well-being of our little ones. Oeko-Tex® certified key components provide the highest available level of safety and are compliant with new government requirements.
- We use sustainable, eco-friendly retail packaging for many of our products, and our packaging inserts are made from 100% recycled stock.
- Sustainability purchasing guidelines: Gerber Childrenswear strives not only to be a good citizen of the United States, but also to conduct business in an ethical and environmentally sustainable manner in all of the countries of the world in which we have the privilege to do business.
- We have implemented sustainable processes in our facilities, including use of recycling bins and energy efficient lighting to help reduce our overall energy consumption. We are constantly working to reduce our carbon footprint.
For any inquiries pertaining to environmental compliance, supplier guidelines and safety/employment practices, please contact us at 1-800-4Gerber or write to:
START HEALTHY, STAY HEALTHY(TM) Resource Center
445 State Street
Fremont, MI 49413-0001
Naturally Grown. Naturally Soft.
Gerber Childrenswear’s organic layette collection combines fashion and style with the earth-friendly fabrics sought by today's conscientious moms. The Organic Layette Collection by Gerber® offers fashionable styles made of 100% organic cotton fibers, which are naturally grown and naturally soft. Our organic apparel line is made from certified organic cotton grown in farming communities without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers, which promotes a cleaner environment for baby's future.
The collection features a variety of newborn essentials, including Onesies® brand one piece underwear, sleep 'n play outfits, gowns, caps, booties and blankets. This collection comes in a color palette consisting of soft pastels and makes a great gift for any new mom.
In addition to our organic layette collection, we also offer cloth diapers which are reusable and an earth-friendly choice for those parents who prefer an alternative to disposable diapers. Our organics collection gives parents a choice that is naturally grown and naturally soft.
Whether you choose organic apparel or cloth diapers, Gerber offers you alternatives that best fit your lifestyle.
Gerber Childrenswear believes in supporting babies, kids and families and has developed a long standing partnership of support for over 20 years with the non profit Delivering Good as well as local charities within the community.
Delivering Good is a global charity dedicated to improving the lives of children and families who are ill, live in poverty or are victims of natural disasters.
For more information, visit https://www.delivering-good.org/