GCW Costume Contest
Gerber Childrenswear LLC
Official “GCW Costume Contest” Rules
October 11, 2019 – October 25, 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. THE PURCHASE OF ANY GOOD OR SERVICE WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM. ENTRANT (or “you”) UNDERSTANDS HE OR SHE IS PROVIDING INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM.
1. CONTEST SPONSOR; TERM. The GCW Costume Contest is sponsored by Gerber Childrenswear LLC (“Sponsor,” or “we”). The entry period starts October 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on October 25, 2019 (“Term”). Entries received after 11:59 PM EST on October 25, 2019 will be ineligible for participation. If we do not receive an entry for any reason, or if an entry is not entered correctly, the entry will be invalid and the entrant will be ineligible for a prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY. ONLY LEGAL RESIDENTS, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER, OF THE 50 U.S. STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, EXLUDING RESIDENTS OF THOSE STATES WHERE THIS CONTEST IS PROHIBITED BY LAW, ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER OR WIN. Neither we nor any of our affiliates warrants this Contest is valid in a particular jurisdiction. Residents of jurisdictions where this Contest is prohibited are ineligible to compete in the Contest. Neither our employees nor those of any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or of any company retained by us to promote, administer, or advise with respect to the Contest (and their respective affiliates), as well as members of said employees’ immediate families, are eligible to enter. An individual is not eligible to win more than one Contest prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER; RESTRICTIONS. To enter the Contest during the Term, you must (a) access your Instagram account; (b) be a follower of our official Instagram page (@GerberChildrenswear) throughout the Term and until prize winners are selected and finalized; (c) Contest during the duration of the Term; and (d), using Gerber Childrenswear apparel and/or accessories to create a costume, post a picture taken of your child in the costume. You must be the parent or legal guardian of the child. By entering, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that you took the photo and/or that you own or have the exclusive right to use the photo and any copyright in the photo. Each participant may enter only once. If you submit multiple entries, only the first entry received by us (as we determine in our sole discretion) will be entered in the Contest. If you do not currently follow our Instagram page and want to enter via , you must go to and become a follower. If you do not have a Instagram account, you may sign up for free by visiting and following the instructions. A Contest entrant will be required to accept the Contest Rules and any applicable Instagram terms and conditions. By entering, you agree unconditionally and irrevocably to release Instagram, Sponsor, and Sponsor’s affiliates, employees, officers, and directors from any liability arising from the Contest.
4. PRIZES: Four (4) eligible Contest participants will be chosen by Sponsor at the end of the Term. Each winner will receive one (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100.00) gift card for use at Sponsor’s website: www.gerberchildrenswear.com. The child of one (1) of the four (4) winners also will be chosen as our November #GCWbaby of the month. The total value of all prizes awarded will be Four Hundred Dollars ($400.00).
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS. Winners will be selected by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, based on Sponsor’s judgment of the creativity, originality, personality, and cuteness of submissions. All submissions should depict costumes that are safe for children. The following is a non-exhaustive list of reasons for disqualification of an entry: the Gerber Childrenwear apparel and/or accessories are torn or cut, the costume or image risks the baby’s safety, the baby is not pictured in the photo, political references, insensitive depictions or references towards particular groups of people, profanity, nudity, words are included in the image, or the entrant does not own rights to the submitted image.
6. NOTIFICATION, RECEIPT OF PRIZES. A prize winner will be considered a potential winner until we confirm prize winner status. If you are a winner, you grant Sponsor the right, in our sole discretion, to announce your name or other identifiable information on our Instagram page or Website (www.gerberchildrenswear.com), or in any other form of public communication. We will notify potential prize winners by Instagram Direct Message (“DM”). The DM may include instructions with which a potential winner must comply before being declared a winner and awarded a prize. In the event of non-compliance with any rules set forth herein, or if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, a winner’s prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, to be selected by us in our sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible and will not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a winner. Winners will receive their prizes within fifteen (15) business days after Sponsor’s receipt of any authorization, affidavit, release, or other form or verification requested by Sponsor under these Contest Rules.
7. ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER(S): The name of the winners will be posted on Sponsor’s Instagram Page. The identity of the winners can also be obtained by writing to Gerber Childrenswear LLC, Attn: Marketing, 7005 Pelham Rd., Suite D, Greenville, SC 29615.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A copy of these rules may be obtained at the Contest landing page (if applicable), or by sending a self-addressed and stamped envelope to: Gerber Childrenswear LLC, Attn: Marketing, 7005 Pelham Rd., Suite D, Greenville, SC 29615 within thirty (30) days of the Contest deadline date. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Questions regarding this Contest may be sent to Gerber Childrenswear LLC, Attn: Marketing, 7005 Pelham Rd., Suite D, Greenville, SC 29615. By entering the Contest, you agree to these rules, all eligibility requirements, and all decisions of Sponsor. Our decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest. The reporting and payment of all tax liabilities incurred by any winner as a result of the Contest are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, expressed or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, EXCEPT as expressly specified on the product. No substitution of prizes will be permitted, except by us at our sole discretion if the advertised prizes become unavailable. Prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Odds of winning may depend on the number of entries received. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error, act of God, or any other causes beyond our control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation or termination. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to disqualify anyone who tampers with the entry process. We assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, mail delivery error or delay, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM OR CRIMINAL SANCTIONS AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. RIGHT OF NON-PARTICIPATION: Pursuant to federal law, you have the right to notify us that you do not wish to be contacted by us regarding any future Contest, contest, promotion, or mailings, and that we may not use any information provided by you to us for any purposes other than as needed for this Contest. You may notify us by mail at Gerber Childrenswear LLC, Attn: Marketing, 7005 Pelham Rd., Suite D, Greenville, SC 29615, by email (email@example.com), or by calling our toll free number (1-800-4-GERBER). If no entrant qualifies for a prize, the prize or its equivalent cash value may be awarded to a charity of our choice. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility qualifications of winners. This Contest is governed by U.S. and applicable state law. By entering the Contest, you agree to all the rules and conditions of the Contest forth herein.